Youngstown State University, an urban research university, emphasizes a creative, integrated approach to education, scholarship, and service. The University places students at its center; leads in the discovery, dissemination, and application of knowledge; advances civic, scientific, and technological development; and fosters collaboration to enrich the region and the world.
- Creates diverse educational experiences that develop ethical, intellectually curious students who are invested in their communities;
- Provides access to a broad range of undergraduate programs;
- Offers graduate programs in selected areas of excellence, including those that meet the needs of the region;
- Supports economic development through applied learning and research;
- Integrates teaching and learning, scholarship, and civic engagement;
- Fosters understanding of diversity, sustainability, and global perspectives; and
- Advances the intellectual and cultural life of the city, region, and world.
Youngstown State University consists of the School of Graduate Studies and Research and six undergraduate colleges: the Williamson College of Business Administration; the Beeghly College of Education; the College of Fine and Performing Arts; the Bitonte College of Health and Human Services; the College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences; and the College of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics. Degrees offered range from the associate, bachelor’s, and master’s to a doctorate in educational leadership and the Doctor of Physical Therapy.
YSU Fast Facts[divider]
[gview file=”http://web.ysu.edu/gen/ysu_generated_bin/documents/basic_module/Fast_Facts_2010.pdf” save=”1″]