Leadership Program by California State University, East Bay (CSUEB)
For International University Students – July 2016 Learning — Exposure — Fun
Arrangements: US Visa, Flight-tickets to San Francisco and back. Students arriving in groups will be received at air-port and dropped at air-port by CSUEB staff.
Host: CSUEB will make friendly arrangement for stay and transport at its scenic Hayward-Hills Campus in Silicon Valley.
CSUEB at a Glance (www.csueastbay.edu):
California State University, East Bay (CSUEB) is a public university located in the midst of the vibrant San Francisco Bay Area. Recognized as a “Best in the West” college by the Princeton Review, CSUEB is known for award winning programs, expert instruction, a highly personalized learning environment—and a choice of more than 100 career-focused fields of study including 35 Master’s Degrees. With two magnificent campuses and a professional center, CSU’s Hayward-Hills Campus is just 30 minutes away from San Francisco, Oakland, Berkeley, San Jose, and the rest of Silicon Valley. Known for Solar Energy Project CSU has one of the largest photovoltaic systems in Northern California. At CSU East Bay students can travel to the theaters, shopping centers, museums, and restaurants of San Francisco in minutes, as well as to the Pacific Ocean in an hour. Its School of Engineering is accredited by ABET and College of Business is AACSB accredited. It provides life-changing, quality engineering and business education to prepare students from diverse backgrounds to become successful global professionals and entrepreneurs.
- Congenial stay at CSUEB campus for 22 days.
- CSUEB will conduct workshops on Leadership, Entrepreneurship, Database Management, Big Data Analytics and Data Science with hands-on experience and practical applications.
- Workshops conducted by CSUEB faculty and experts with extensive industry experience will include group projects, report writing and a certificate.
- Students will visit organizations in areas of Information Technology, Software Park, Higher Educational and Research Universities in Silicon Valley.
- Students will have the opportunity of sightseeing and visiting San Francisco, San Jose, Berkeley, High-tech Corporations, and Stanford University all in Silicon Valley.
- Students will participate in special networking and fun events during July 4th, the American Independence Day.
- Opportunity for career development and admission/scholarship in globally accredited MS, MBA and Ph.D. programs at U.S. University.
CSUEB Leadership Summer Program 2016 for International Students
(Proposed Schedule – Summer 2016)
|2-Jul||Sat.||Arrival||Airport Pickup at San Francisco
Accommodation & Networking in Campus
|4-Jul||Mon.||Independence Day||Campus and City tour, Fireworks|
|5-Jul||Tue.||Workshop 1||Briefing on campus life, attendance, discipline, conduct and safety.|
|6-Jul||Wed.||Workshop 2||Leadership, Innovation and Sustainability|
|7-Jul||Thur.||City tour||Hayward downtown (Shopping / Lunch – Indian Restaurant) / Silicon Valley|
|8-Jul||Fri.||Workshop 3||Leadership, Innovation and Sustainability|
|9-Jul||Sat.||Company Visits||Stanford University / Research Park|
|10-Jul||Sun.||Sightseeing||San Francisco City Tour|
|12-Jul||Tue.||Company Visits||Google Headquarters / Apple Campus|
|16-Jun||Sat.||Community Project||Entrepreneurship / Group Project / Career Planning|
|17-Jul||Sun.||Sightseeing||Fremont / San Jose / Santa Clara|
|19-Jul||Tue.||Workshop 9||Project Presentations / Reports Submission|
|20-Jul||Wed.||Workshop 10||Program Wrap-up / Farewell Dinner / Certificate Distribution|
|21-Jul||Thur.||Sightseeing/Shopping||NASA Ames Visitor Center|
|23-Jul||Sat.||Departure||Airport Drop at San Francisco|
|All Workshop Days will have the same schedule:
· Classroom work from 9:30 am to 12:30 pm
· Project / Practical Sessions from 2 pm to 5 pm
· Attendance and Report Submission compulsory for the CSUEB Certificate.
** Workshops: CSUEB expert faculty will cover out of the following career enhancement and pre-placement skills:
- Big Data Analytics, Data Analysis and Decision Modelling, Database Management and Applications
- Information Technology Management, Business Intelligence and Knowledge Management
- Enterprise Management Systems, Applied Project Management
Prof. Sunil Kumar Garg, is the promoter of educational tourism in U.S.A., has successfully organized vocational training at Hiram College, Ohio for 105 students and at Indiana University of Pennsylvania for 40 students. All participants enjoyed multiple-entry U.S. Visa, flight-tickets, insurance, transport, dreaming sightseeing and residential training at U.S. University before returning back to India in 4 weeks.
In 2015 a “Business Leadership Summer Program 2015” was accomplished at the ‘Eberly College of Business & Information Technology’ – ‘Indiana University of Pennsylvania’ from June 14 to July 11, 2015. Students from six different universities and five states of India cherished the Professional Certificate from a distinguished U.S. State University with memorable sightseeing, empowering cultural and leadership exposure.
Prof. Garg has collaborated with California State University, East Bay (CSUEB) to conduct an educational-cum-leadership tourism program for enthusiastic university students in July 2016. A minimal all-inclusive cost will include assistance for hassle-free U.S. Visa, flight tickets, insurance, leadership training at CSUEB campus, visits to the world’s topmost IT Companies with sightseeing in Silicon Valley and San Francisco area.
Sunil Garg B. Tech. M. Tech. MBA
New Delhi / Chandigarh, India; Chicago, U.S.A.